Today i am again reviewing one of my favourite range of super affordable lipsticks i.e Maybelline Color Show range! I have already reviewed Wine Divine 410 & Coffee Break 311 (read here) in my previous post. Today i shall be reviewing three other beautiful and fun shades from the same range, which are Ruby Twilight 208, Fuschia Flare 110 and Cherry Crush 207.
All these three are beautiful lipcolors from the red and pink family, are very well pigmented and pretty much suits all major Indian skin tones.
So let’s get started
Maybelline colorshow lipsticks review: Ruby Twilight 208, Fuschia Flare 110 & Cherry Crush 207
Price: Rs 299
Available online for Rs 254 @amazon.in
Shelf Life: 36 months
Get runway-ready lips with MNY Color Show Lip Colors, brilliant lipsticks straight from the New York Fashion Week. The Maybelline Color Show lipstick range has lip colors in four stunning hues – reds, pinks, browns and mauves. Offering 27 shades, this lip color range has a lipstick for every mood!
- Highly pigmented lipcolors for bold lips.
- The creamy texture that is comfortable.
- Colour does not fade.
- Shea butter and Jojoba seed oil nourishes and moisturizes the lips.
- Sweet fragrance.
The lipsticks come in a shiny black plastic packaging which has a transparent colored rim/band in the middle. Maybelline has basically divided all its 27 shades in four categories and the colored rim indicates the parent shade of the lipstick. i.e Pinks with pink bands, Red with Red bands, Mauve with purple bands and Browns with brown bands. However if you own a lot of these lipsticks, its kind of difficult to distinguish the color by the color band, so you will have to check the base of each lipstick. All the lipsticks have the color coded sticker at the base. The packaging is simple yet functional, the lipsticks locks with a click sound and the cap always stays put.
Formula, Shade and Pigmentation:
Each of these lipsticks has a soft, buttery texture and glides easily on the lips. The formula of the lipstick is really moisturising, but it does not appear overly creamy or glossy on the lips. It has a candy like sweet fragrance, which is nice and mild and stays for a very short time. The lipstick is quite light and I have not felt the need to wear a lip balm along with these. But make sure that your lips are exfoliated before applying these lipsticks as they tend to stick to the dry, flaky, chapped bits of the lips.
All three are very well pigmented and gives a huge color pay off. I seriously got bowled over by the intense color and great coverage they provide in just a single swatch.
Maybelline color show Lipsticks have an average staying power of 4 to 5 hours. All the colors are highly pigmented and stay good for 3 to 4 hours without meal in between. But even with meals and drink they do not come off much and you will just need a touch up if you want. The colors are not transfer proof, but they fade evenly and leave a light stain behind.
Now lets’s talk about the shades in particular.
1) Ruby Twilight 208: Its a beautiful bold red lip color which kind of flatters every skin tone. One of my favourite, its a creamy-bold red color which makes you look super glamarous and sexy in just one swatch. Two swatches, and you are ready for a fun party night 🙂 A perfect bold red lip color for every occassion!
2) Fuschia Flare 110: As the name suggests its a true fuschia color which goes very well with medium to fair skin tones. I was a little skeptical before trying it on but i am really very impressed with the creamy texture and beautiful fuschia shade of this lipstick. Nothing dull or over the top, it gives a beautiful, fun fuschia pink color in just a single swipe. Two-three swipes, and you are good to go with an opaque full coverage.
3) Cherry Crush 207: A gorgeous pink color and my all time favourite, Cherry Crush is a beautiful cherry pink color which looks quite fresh and brightens up the face. The formula how ever is not so creamy like the other colorshow lipsticks which is why it kind of settles into the fine line of lips. I would suggest exfoliating and hydrating your lips before applying the lipstick. The coverage is semi sheer in a single swipe but gives a full opaque coverage in two to threes swipes.
All these are beautiful and fun girly colors which will suit all major indian complexions. They will be great for the college going girls who are always on a lookout for some girly yet affordable range of lipsticks. The Reds will be great for a fun party look where as the pinks will go great with an everyday look!
Overall I would say, Maybelline Colorshow Lipsticks are one of the best lipsticks available in India. They are creamy in texture, very much hydrationg, very well pigmented and last a decent amount of time. They have an awesome color range which kind of suits all the major skin tones and complexions. They are a great deal for the price paid and the quality provided. I highly recommend 🙂