This is a review and swatch post of my new favorite formula and range of affordable lipsticks from Makeup revolution London. Make up revolution has a vast range of make up products which are high end in quality and are very much affordable in price. All the products from make up revolution are so popular and raved as they are considered to be the dupes of some high end brands like Urban Decay, Too Faced and Mac.
So lets get started 😉
Makeup Revolution London I Am Ready Liphug Lipstick Review
Price: Rs 650
Available online for Rs 350 @ flipkart.com
Makeup Revolution London presents this ‘I Am Ready Liphug’ lipstick that is a must-have in your daily make-up kit. Ensuring deep color in a single glide, this lipstick will not only make your lips look attractive, but also keep them hydrated all day long.
The shade range comes in a red plastic box with the name written on top. The lipstick comes in a sturdy-black plastic packaging with the shade name written under it. The lipstick has a slant-flat tip which adds to the modern and trendy look of the packaging. I like the neat packaging as it is thin, easy to fit in small space and travel friendly.
Shade and Pigmentation:
“I am Ready” is a bold, classic red shade which is perfect for Indian skin tone and goes beautifully with any complexion. Its highly pigmented and gives an instant brightness to the face with its bold and classic red color. It glides on smoothly over lips leaving them moisturized and perfectly stained even in just one swatch.
The staying power of this lip hug lipstick is quite amazing. It stays on for long time like any other bold red lip colour. It stays for good 5-6 hours even with having drinks or snacks. The shine though comes off after 2-3 hours but it stays still good as a matte red color. It leaves a strong stain on the lips making them look rosy red and goes off only if you wipe it off with a makeup remover.
- There are 20 colors in the collection which range from nudes, to bright pinks and oranges, to rich reds, deep raspberry and even a rich plum color. I truly believe that there is a color for everyone in this line as it covers extensively on a variety of shades.
- The shade “I Am Ready” is a bold red color which goes beautifully with the Indian skin tone.
- The staying power is pretty amazing and stays good for 5-6 hours even with snacking in between, leaving a strong stain behind.
- It has a thicker formula but is easier to swipe on and still have full color with a gloss. (not exactly gloss but like a sheen)
- It is opaque in one swipe and have a slight sheen to it so you don’t need a lip gloss if you want a glossy finish.
- It stays good on the lips, does not bleed or settle into the fine lines.
- The lips feel hydrated and moisturized.
- The packaging is nice and travel friendly.