We love our Hair ! All we want is, long, healthy and super shiny hair.
Thick , strong and lustrous hair is high on every body’s wish list. but when we see our beautiful tresses thinning out it gives us a heartbreak. Hair thinning or loosing hair is not just a nagging problem but sometimes can cause serious depression as well.
However we all loose some hair strands every day. So, it’s normal to see some hair coming off your scalp when you brush your hair daily. Normally we lose about 80-100 strands daily due to the end of life cycle of a hair strand. If that’s the matter, you don’t have to worry a lot !
- But when you see an abnormal loss of hair then you should start taking measures to stop this. There are many causes of hair loss.
- You may lose hair due to some hormonal changes, unhealthy lifestyle, junk food, medication, stress, vitamins deficiency, thyroid problems, menopause etc.
- Many factors such as high levels of stress along with unhealthy eating, smoking, drinking and sleeping habits can also lead to hair thinning in people, as early as in their twenties.
Change the hairbrush
Always use a wide-tooth plastic comb to brush your hair. Thinning hair is most often brittle and hairbrushes break hair strands easily.
Lower the frequency of hair washes
Wash your hair every second or third day if possible. This allows the natural oils in your hair to add moisture and shine to your hair.
- Sometimes, using a shampoo or conditioner that has harsh ingredients in them,can also cause hair fall or weaken the hair follicles.
- Go for mild hair products and those that contain protein and Vitamin B5. Also, always apply a conditioner after shampooing your hair as it keeps the hair strands separated, thus, preventing any more damage.
- Avoid going for hair styling with hair dryers, straighteners or curlers, as the heat of those instruments will further damage the weak follicles. When you have to get your hair set, avoid keeping the dryer too close to your hair and set the temperature at medium heat.
- Always use a heat protectant product if you style with heat which also acts as an un-tangler, controls frizz, and reduces hair breakage.
Do hot oil massage
- Massages either normal or hot improve the blood circulation of the scalp, hence promoting hair growth and stopping or at least delaying the process of hair thinning.
- Use hair-friendly oils such as coconut oil, olive oil and almond oil. Heat them a little and apply on your scalp, then wash off your hair with lukewarm water.
Eat fresh food
- Eat foods rich in proteins such as fish, green vegetables, soya granules, egg white, salmon, walnuts, sweet potatoes, oysters, and spinach for better hair quality.
- Also, include a lot of fresh fruits or fruit juice daily in your diet schedule.
- Remember, we are what we eat !
Manage your stress
Consult a Doctor
If you see a serious hair fall which is not in control then consult a doctor. There are various solutions to hair thinning starting from medicines, topical solutions to hair transplants.