|For a sound sleep
In our today’s busy lives, one thing which has become a luxury from a daily routine is Sleep ! Although each of us know how terrible we feel after a bad nights sleep, we just cant control our sleeping habits and always take sleep for granted.
Though when some of our favourite (celebs of course) people 🙂 tell us about how short their sleeping hours are and how happier and luckier we feel that we are no behind and follow them more or less. Nobody can deny the benefits our good 6-7 hours sleep a day.
- A good night’s sleep can make you feel refreshed when you awake, and remain alert throughout the day.
- Sleep is nature’s most powerful beauty treatment. Not only do the optimal seven to eight hours a night leave you looking fresh and beautiful, but also many hair, face, and body products are most effective overnight because they penetrate better when you’re at rest.
- Sound sleep results in increased energy and productivity, improved heart and immune system health, a better mood, even a longer life.
- Healthy sleep habits can make a big difference in your quality of life. The key, or secret, is to experiment. What works for some might not work as well for others. It’s important to find the sleep strategies that work best for you.
Although you might not be able to control all of the factors that interfere with your sleep, you can adopt habits that encourage better sleep. Start with these simple sleep tips.
1. Stick to a sleep schedule
Sticking to a fix sleep schedule helps to regulate your body’s clock and could help you fall asleep and stay asleep for the night.
2. Pay attention to what you eat and drink
Alcohol, cigarettes and caffeine can disrupt sleep. Eating big or spicy meals can cause discomfort from indigestion that can make it hard to sleep. It is good to finish eating at least 2-3 hours before bedtime.
Keep the temperature comfortably cool and the room well ventilated. And make sure your bedroom is equipped with a comfortable mattress and pillows. A quiet, dark, and cool environment can help promote sound sleep.
4. Create a bedtime routine
A relaxing, routine activity right before bedtime in a preferable low light helps separate your sleep time from activities that can cause excitement, stress or anxiety, which can make it more difficult to fall asleep, get sleep or remain asleep.
When you have too much to do, and too much to think about , your sleep is likely to suffer.To keep yourself stress free, consider healthy ways to manage stress. Just keep out all the stress, what’s on your mind and then set it aside for tomorrow.
Power nap may help you get through the day, but if you find that you can’t fall asleep at bedtime, eliminating even short naps may help you providing a sound sleep at night.
7) Exercise daily
Following an exercise regime is not only good for your body but for your sleep as well.. Exercise at any time of day, but not at the expense of your sleep. Try to finish exercising at least three hours before bed or work out earlier in the day.
8) Balance Fluid Intake
Drink enough fluid at night to keep from waking up thirsty, but not so much and so close to bedtime that you will be awakened by the need for a trip to the bathroom.
However, nearly everyone has an occasional sleepless night.
But if you often have trouble sleeping, contact your doctor.