Marsala is the 2015 Pantone Color Of The Year !
The name comes from an Italian fortified wine, Marsala.
One of the hottest colours of the year, Marsala, is simply an intense mix of wine, maroon and deep red shades. The colour has a rich earthy appeal.
Equally appealing to men and women, Marsala is a rich and flavorful shade which is very much open for colour creativity and experimentation, making it a perfect choice for Apparels, Accessories, make-up and home interiors.
- The USP of this color is that it has a neutral warmth which compliments any skin tone and successfully brings an appealing impact to any outfit without creating any contrasting effect.
- Whether you wear it as a Saree with a high-neck blouse, long floor touching gown or an anarkali suit with a dupatta, this colour is sure to spell perfection in every ways. Keep the outfit bling free or go for colour on colour embroidery to keep the look easy and fresh.
- One colour that will complement this shade perfectly is silver. So, indulge in the combination effect too.
- when wearing a Marsala dress , pick jewellery in rose gold, silver, gold or copper.
- Marsala is a colour that suits almost all skin complexions and goes best with the warm skin tone which makes it a perfect colour for make up.
- Marsala, signifies depth, warmth and luxury at the same time which makes it a perfect colour for home decor, upholstery and interiors.
- The tone of this colour is very much indian which makes it a must have for weddings, in a bold and glamarous way.
- Never do it in a matching matching style by wearing the same colour and same make up.
- Mix a bit of nude brown to achieve the best results.
- Use it as a highlighter and not as a base for make up. Go bold on your eyes, cheeks and lips.
- Avoid it using all over your house for home decor or upholstry. it will make the space look small and darker than usual.
- Do not over-do it.